Northwestern Mutual Virtual Spring Retreat for Families
March 20, 2021
We are happy to have you join us for The Virtual Fall Northwestern Mutual Retreat for Families. We will provide a mix of educational, therapeutic, and fun activities that honor the Family while also providing an opportunity for Families to connect with others who share similar experiences.
Included on this website are all the forms required to register and the schedule of virtual sessions being offered throughout the weekend. This Virtual Fall Family Retreat is for Pediatric patients treated by UNC’s Division of Pediatric Hematology – Oncology, currently receiving treatment or those who have received treatment before. Please make sure that all registration forms and photo release forms are completed and signed by a parent or guardian and either emailed to Meghan Fox (email located below) or given in person at the hospital. Click here to be redirected to the forms!
This Virtual Retreat is free of cost. A “camp in a box” full of items that go along with each activity will be provided by either being shipped or given to you at the hospital prior to the retreat. There will be several “live” virtual sessions including scavenger hunts, games, arts and crafts, a dance party, a teddy bear clinic, a yoga session, science experiments, and more! Our wonderful CPAL student volunteers will be helping facilitate our virtual sessions throughout the weekend along with staff from Victory Junction, UNC Hospitals, and the Art Institute of Carrboro. Activities with pre-recorded videos will also be offered to do at your own pace throughout the weekend or whenever you choose.
- To access the schedule, click here.
- You are welcome to attend all sessions or however many you chose! All virtual sessions will be recorded and available to access later if you cannot make the live virtual session.
- You will need access to technology and the internet. For example: a computer/laptop, tablet, or phone. If you need to borrow a technology device, please let Meghan Fox with Child Life know (contact information below).
- All virtual sessions will be offered through the online platform Webex. You will be able to access the Webex links and learn more about our schedule of virtual sessions being offered on this website.
- Please direct all questions to Meghan Fox (984-974-8689) or e-mail: Meghan.firstname.lastname@example.org.